One of the most well-known saints in the entire world is Neeb Karori Baba, also known as Neem Karoli Baba. We’re here to tell you the specifics of his present living arrangement. He is regarded as one of the greatest saints of the 20th century and was born about 1900. The Samadhi of Neem Karauli Baba was attained on September 11, 1973. The distance between Kihirangaon and the hamlet of Akbarpur in the Firozabad district of Uttar Pradesh, where he was born, is only 500 meters. Join us as we investigate Neem Karoli Baba’s English biography.
- Full Name: Laxman Das Sharma
- Also Known As: Neem Karauli Baba or Neeb Karori Maharaj Ji
- Born: 1900
- Place of Birth: Akbarpur village, North-Western Provinces, British India (present-day Firozabad district, Uttar Pradesh, India)
- Date of Passing: 11 September 1973 (at the age of 73) in Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Age at Passing: Attained samadhi at the age of 73
- Spiritual Mentor: Guru Hanuman Ji
- Sacred Shrine: Kainchi Dham, located 18 kilometers from Nainital
- Foundation of Kainchi Dham: Established on 15 June 1964
- Faith: Hinduism
- Nationality: Indian
- Inspirational Figures: Revered by luminaries such as Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, Jeffrey Scholl, Dan Kottke, Julia Roberts, Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, and many others
- Claim to Renown: Gained fame for the wondrous miracles attributed to him and his deep devotion to Lord Hanuman.
Who was Neem Karoli Baba?
The respected Hindu teacher Shri Neeb Karori Baba, also known as Shri Neem Karoli Baba, was deeply devoted to the Hanuman god. He was born on an unknown date, and on September 11, 1973, he passed away in Vrindavan, India.
Neem Karauli Baba’s disciples brought his knowledge and spiritual teachings to the West by discussing their interactions with him and what they had learned from him.
Birth and Early Life of Neem Karauli Baba
Neem Karauli Baba was born into a Brahmin family in the Uttar Pradesh hamlet of Akbarpur, which is part of the Firozabad district. Neem Karoli Baba married a Brahmin girl when he was only 11 years old. He left his home, however, and embarked on a journey across India as a traveling ascetic, going by numerous identities, not long after being married. Neem Karauli Baba allegedly attained enlightenment at the age of seventeen.
His father found out about Neem Karoli Baba’s sighting in the Farrukhabad, Uttar Pradesh, region ten to fifteen years later. His father persuaded him to go back and rejoin the family, and he hastened to the place. As a result of this incident, the Neem Karauli Baba Dham was subsequently constructed.
Education of Neem Karauli Baba:
Neem Karoli Baba, a revered saint, attained profound spiritual powers through his intense penance. His remarkable journey commenced at the tender age of 17, when he began manifesting extraordinary miracles. Neem Karoli Baba’s deep devotion was dedicated to Hanuman ji, and his life was a testament to his unwavering faith. Inevitably, every life has its end, and so did Neem Karoli Baba’s; however, his legacy continues to inspire generations.
Family of Neem Karauli Baba:
Neem Karauli Baba hailed from a Brahmin lineage. His father was named Durga Prasad Sharma, and his mother’s name remains unknown. Rambeti was the name of Neem Karauli Baba’s wife. Within his family, he had a daughter named Girija Devi and two sons, known as Aneg Singh Sharma and Dharam Narayan Sharma. Throughout his time at home, Neem Karauli Baba remained dedicated to various social endeavors.
Sai Baba’s Notable Quotes:
- Father’s Name: Durga Prasad Sharma
- Mother’s Name: Unspecified
- Wife’s Name: Rambeti
- Sons’ Names: Aneg Singh Sharma and Dharam Narayan Sharma
- Daughter’s Name: Girija Devi
Miraculous Journey of Neem Karauli Baba
Neem Karauli Baba’s extraordinary journey of miracles commenced when he was just 17 years old. He left his family and began a spiritual journey that took him to Bamnia, Gujarat, where he underwent seven to eight years of arduous penance and accomplished amazing achievements. Professor at Harvard University Richard Alpert, better known as Ramdas, entered the Himalayas. Upon hearing about Neem Karauli Baba, he sought an audience with him. It was a dark night when, mysteriously, Neem Karauli Baba appeared before him and spoke of seeing Richard’s mother in the sky, despite her having passed away from cancer. This revelation deeply shocked Richard Alpert (Ramdas) and led to his profound belief in Neem Karauli Baba.
In 1974, Steve Jobs visited India with a friend. Upon learning of Neem Karauli Baba, he expressed a desire to meet him. Unfortunately, at that time, Baba Neem Karoli had already departed from this world. Nonetheless, Neem Karauli Baba had left behind a legacy of numerous other miracles.
Neem Karauli Baba was a man of few words, yet his devoted followers could grasp the depth of his wisdom. Books chronicling the life of Neem Karauli Baba are widely read in America. Renowned individuals such as Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, Jeffrey Skoll, Dan Kottke, and Julia Roberts count themselves among the disciples of Neem Karauli Baba.
Today, Neem Karauli Baba’s legacy lives on through his home and the Neem Karoli Baba Temple.
Neem Karoli Baba Temple – Kainchi Dham:
Situated in Nainital, the region is dedicated to Baba Neem Karoli is known as Kainchi Dham Temple. This sacred site is located approximately 18 kilometers away from Nainital city. The inception of Kainchi Dham Temple took place on the 15th of June, 1964, courtesy of Karoli Baba himself. In the year 1961, Baba Neem Karoli visited Kainchi Dham for the first time. Moreover, accompanied by his long-time companion Purnanand, he initiated the establishment of an ashram and oversaw the construction of the temple. An image of Baba Neem Karoli adorns the premises.
Passing of Neem Karoli Baba and His Samadhi:
On September 11, 1973, at 1:00 pm, Neem Karoli Baba passed away in a Vrindavan hospital due to a diabetic coma. Following his departure, Karoli Baba was laid to rest. This is an English biography of Karoli Baba.
Facts about Neem Karoli Baba
- He left his home at his father’s request after leaving when he was eleven years old and going on a wandering sadhu’s journey.
- In 1958, he left home without a ticket and boarded a train. The conductor, finding him without a ticket, initially forced him off the train at the village of Neeb Karori. Strangely, the train mysteriously stopped moving despite all efforts. Someone suggested that the conductor allow Baba back on the train, on a condition of station to be built at Neeb Karori. Upon accepting this condition, the train resumed its journey as soon as Baba boarded.
- Subsequently, when a station was indeed constructed at Neeb Karori. Baba lived there for a brief period, and locals began to refer to him as Neem Karoli Baba.
- During his spiritual practices in Vavania Morbi, Gujarat, he was known as Tallaiya Baba. Later, in Vrindavan, he was often called Chamatkari Baba due to his reputed miracles. He also went by other names such as Handi Wala Baba and Lakshman Das.
- In his ashram, Baba typically sat on a wooden bench, covered in a plaid blanket. He interacted with visitors by offering them parashadam, which included a pat on the head or back. He enjoyed establishing close relationships with his followers through humor and laughter, often cracking jokes.
- In the late 2000s, the ‘Love Serve Remember Foundation’ was founded to preserve and perpetuate Neem Karoli Baba’s teachings.
- In April 2017, two handwritten notes authored by Babaji were discovered. In these notes, he had written the sacred names of Lord Rama and bestowed blessings upon a person named Suraj.
- According to his disciples, they believe he was a Siddha Purusha, a perfected being. After this, possessed Trikala Jnana, knowledge of the past, present, and future.
Also, Read Our Other Blogs: Aiotechnical.com: Complete Guide To Read On Computer, Internet, Health & Beauty